GREAT alcohol/addiction related movies!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 1 August 5, 2010

Hello my fellow alcholics and addicts!  I'm so happy that you've found my blog because my only wish is that I can reach you in some way today (and every other day) and help you feel like you are not alone.

I have to admit that I got this idea, of the 365 days, from the movie "Julie and Julia" starring Merryl Streep and Amy Adams.  As I was taking my daily walk this morning, I was trying to think of ways for me to be more active in AA.  You see, I am a very busy Mommy.  I have a 6 year old daughter, a 2 year old son and a 2 month old baby daughter :)  So, it is very difficult for me to get to a meeting everyday and since I am not able to get to meetings (physically), not many people know me well enough to ask me to be their sponsor.  My concern in this is that I don't feel like I'm giving the gift back to other alcoholics.  So my higher power (whom I choose to call God) put the idea in my head to start a blog for other suffering alcoholics and addicts to read everyday to help them identify with life in recovery and addiction.

So here I am.  Ready to let you all into my head on a daily basis just so you can rest assured that you are DEFINATELY NOT ALONE. 

I have chosen to remain anonymous for the time being because I am part of a very large social network and I do not wish to share this aspect of my life with everybody on my friends list.  I have not reached the comfort of the entire world knowing that I am an alcoholic.  So for now you can think of me as a friend who knows what's in your heart and wants to help you as much as she can.

All my love to the world's biggest hearted people!  Until tomorrow....I love you!

No comments: